Monday, December 10, 2007

News

I really need to work on watching the news more. I am terrified to say that in a current event quiz, I had no idea what the Jena 6 was. Now, I turned on the news and watched everything unfold that day.. but seriously, how sad is that?
I am really doing a lot better as the semester has come to a close. I check my websites every morning before I get to class, and instead of turning on the CMT music videos as I'm getting ready for class, I am really working on having CNN on so I can be in tune with what is going on in the world.
You'd think that I have been living under a rock, but I just took a hiatus from the news because it's so depressing. People getting shot. Babies being abducted. The war continuing like there is never going to be an end. More skinny models looking even skinnier than ever. And disasters all over the world that nobody can explain.
And that.. is the reason I took a hiatus from watching the news.
But I'm back.
Yeeee-haw.

No comments: